Thursday, April 9, 2015

Psssst




picture source: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/375909900123845140/



Psssst, come here, let me tell you something.
For many years I fought my instinct
to stay behind these walls,
believing I was wrong,
and that sharing my inner self
creates a path to freedom.
But I now rescind this right
that I have given others,
I no longer want foreign fingers and minds
delving into my psyche.
There is peace behind sharing only what is required,
by retaining a part of every story for no one else but me,
because no one can understand the madness of my mind,
the foreign dimensions in which I wander
which even I don’t understand,
but I need, to stay alive.




11 comments:

  1. very deep sentiments hidden beaneath which only the person hidden inside us can understand

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess you need to be selective with what you impart. Lovely stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with that, and well said!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This may be one of my favorites of all time, Shadow. And it does read like a song! Set it to music...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, that does not sound good at all. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. God knows the walls behind walls behind walls all separated with fields or thorns and me way in the deep. No one needed to know me, I needed to share nothing about anything regarding why this wall went up or that one. Then I became self destructive and soul saving and torn them all down. No one seems to mind the exposed fat naked old man.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah . . . just share what is required . . . .
    You have such active thoughts . . . . love the poetic way you communicate

    I would love to share that bridge with that gorgeous girl but I would have to love her gently else it might collapse . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too shared pieces of my soul, but perhaps no more
    reclaiming all those missing pieces so I can feel whole..

    ReplyDelete
  9. "I no longer want foreign fingers and minds
    delving into my psyche."

    This is lovely and so true. Beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete