Tuesday, May 5, 2015

...said the gypsy to her love



picture source: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/375909900124162969/


…said the gypsy to her love:
“Your touch burns me to cinders
and your kisses touch the sky,
your hands have fed a hunger
I could revel in all the time,
my mind is fully smitten
with your voice and with your sound,
your fingers are marked forever on
this route upon the ground.
And when we part our ways, we will,
I’ll be a while obsessed,
be tempted to change the natural way
I with this world enmesh,
‘til another hunger awakens in me
that consumes me as a whole,
and I’ll fade for a while from reality,
forgotten to all but my soul.
And should the spirits be our friend
they'll guide for us to cross,
one moment you’d least expect to see
my face, at the road, across,
where my body reacts with a physical thrill
to your hands that are burnt on my skin,
come consummate this moment in time,
and feast on this hour we’re in.”




14 comments:

  1. Love ur blog ... this gypsy is ur biggest fan ... smiles ... Love, cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A love filled piece, lots of emotions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope this isn't just a fantasy for you. How nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For those of us with a trace of gypsy blood, this feels just right! Great poem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...wow. I liked the line about the hands feeding the hunger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As someone else asked, And then what happened? Lovely poem!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sigh.....this is a beautiful ode to true passion that only lovers in love can truly know. A lovely write Shadow!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whenever i read you, my soul goes to a place i have long left behind. It feels as if i am retrieving parts of me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like something my neighbor proposed recently. Oy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello shadow its dennis the vizsla dog hay hunger??? feest??? is it a cookowt??? can i come??? ok bye

    ReplyDelete
  11. From a long-time admirer of your work, I find it still as "far-out" and as "down-to-earth" as I remember, and ever might imagine. Your talent and effort in imagination and communication combine to bring to us a continuing product of elegantly beautiful creativity.

    You bring to your blog the Big Five-- touching, smelling, tasting, hearing and sight, such as but few dare. Thank you, Verena, for your consistent pursuit of excellence.

    It is a pleasure to again darken your "door"...steveroni.

    ReplyDelete
  12. the title grabbed me, and the poem totally measured up! lovely illustration of words.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ...and should the spirits be our friend...

    ReplyDelete