Sunday, July 5, 2015

I Lay Me Down To Sleep



picture source: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/455215474810953132/


It is the sandman who cavorts with glee
when he has captured every breathing soul
in his web of fears and guilt,
and whilst he teases you with promises
of escape into oblivion,
he is torturing your psyche
in its most vulnerable state of sub-consciousness,
that you may be stabbed in the daylight hours
with his exact spear of remembrance,
to re-live it in the light of accusation and judgment.





4 comments:

  1. Yep, pretty much every time my head hits a pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... reminds me of one of the recurring dreams I used to have ... it's about me sitting in a glass boat and a dark stalky figure standing over me ... his hands raised high holding some kind of a weapon ... ready to smash the boat into pieces ... then I was diagnosed with a heart problem, and put on medication ... ever since "he" don't visit very often anymore ... yeah ... smiles ... Love, cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I dare him! My dreams are of my own making. He won't find my consciousness easy to torture. The dream state may be half illusion, but the waking state is fully so...and the deeper the sandman goes in to the recesses of consciousness the closer he'll get to the truth and ultimately reach a place where there's no falsehood left to manipulate the truth with. Truth trumps magic sand!
    Thank you for this challenge to my imagination. Awesome, as always! :)

    ReplyDelete