Monday, December 31, 2018

For the New Year










Free falling through the ashes of time,
paths carved from the choices made and footsteps taken,
there is no way of returning there,
there is no going back,

salty water washes over my body
tasting every desire and regret that has touched my soul,
this is what has been,
this is who I am,


and even though oblivion feels like a feasible choice,
to venture into the dark night, a viable alternative,
I suspect I shan’t cross that line, ‘cause there is a light
trying to escape through the cracks made by your ceaseless attacks,
and it will free my soul, free the love, free the oppression of that which was,


Happy New Year
31.12.2018




7 comments:

  1. Good post!
    I wish you a very happy and prosperous New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlee: "We like the part about carved paths because it sounds like those would be way up high somewhere."
    Chaplin: "We're not fans of the water part though."
    Charlee: "Happy New Year to you too!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time stops for no one so there is no going back but time will scoop you up in its arms and carry you into tomorrow.
    So wipe away the sand from your eyes and dance into a Happier New Year

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very thought provoking as usual. Happy New Year, V . . . x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good time for reflection. I wish you a healthy, happy and creative 2019.

    ReplyDelete