Thursday, September 23, 2021

Emotions

 



 I can feel colours, every colour of the rainbow,

I can feel music, pulsing through my veins,

the joy behind the smiles I can see,

the wonder in a little one’s big bright eyes,

the delight of frolicking pups chasing the shadow of a bird,

the pure true awe of the majestic mountains who have my back,

the raw power of the crashing waves rushing in my direction,

just as I crash at times, so hard the impact leaves me without breath,

slams me hard into my seat, keeping me there, pushing me down,

paralysed, without a hint of where to from here,

and even as I curl away to shield my self

with tears of pain, helplessness, pointlessness,

I can and will accept this as long as beauty too, endures.

 

 


3 comments:

  1. I love how you describe all these beautiful phenomena and then you just/must accept the tragic as well. Wonderful writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is still much beauty in the world. Focus on that and you can endure the hardships a little easier.

    Wishing you peace...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlee: "Wait wait wait, why do the pups get to chase the bird?"
    Chaplin: "We want to chase the bird too!"
    Lulu: "Sorry guys. I guess you can stay inside and watch me do it if you'd like."

    ReplyDelete