Friday, August 13, 2021

Create your dream

 




The veneer is wearing off,

false bravado is unravelling,

the effect of this lie is taking its toll.

It’s in the lacklustre eyes,

the downcast heads in the streets,

the silent, oh so silent Friday nights.

 

Close friends have lost loved ones,

to ventilators and heart attacks,

suicides and overdoses,

I now know the owner of the business

that was forced to close,

the folks down the road who’ve lost their home.

 

The world is crying,

I hear the desperate prayers

late into these darkest of nights,

my soul is crying out

to the heavens,

‘Make this stop,

this sadness is too deep,

too intense, too much to endure.’

 

I ask, ‘Give me the tolerance,

the understanding, the love,

the kindness, the faith,

to lift myself into stillness

to find my tribe, so we may share

the peace and joy

in the creation

of our dreams.’

 


1 comment:

  1. Help us remember that it is not forever and God still wins in the end.

    ReplyDelete