Tuesday, October 31, 2017

This is the end, my friend




picture source: https://za.pinterest.com/pin/375909900124652117/




When I look all I see is darkened skies as far as the eyes can see,
swirling clouds forming battlements to lightning whips command,
while the winds carry warnings and promises of doom,
spreading distrust and suspicion under scrutiny of their gaze,
now it’s nation against nation, brothers against sister, man against humanity,
there’s no avoiding this final confrontation, pride and hate locked and loaded,
restlessly waiting for the crack of the first shot,
it’s the call to an end where no-one is left standing,
maybe then peace can reign over these blood-soaked tired lands……





7 comments:

  1. I have long felt the earth only had so much capacity for blood drinking. I too think it is about full.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pride and hate locked and loaded,

    That is a powerful image! When will peace settle over a weary world? When will humility and love make a stand? Will it all be gone in grains of sand in a desolate land?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sobering piece, and I loved " this final confrontation, pride and hate locked and loaded,"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I refuse to think that way, my South African friend Shadow ... I am half roma and half jew ... have been a proud Canadian for 35 years now and do intent to live and die as that ... Much love, cat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello shadow its dennis the vizsla dog hay hmm it duz seem like this is a ruff time to be a hyooman!!! theez days i am glad to be a dog all i need is mama or in a pintch dada and i am happy regardless of wot is going on owt their in the wurld!!! ok bye

    ReplyDelete