Sunday, July 24, 2016

Some things are forever


picture source: https://za.pinterest.com/pin/93027548526653594/




You’ve shown me to fly,
I followed without reservation,
entered with you into the grounds
retained for rapture and devastation.
Unable, unwilling, to leave this park,
you fed me with your possession.

It’s cold now we don’t fly,
the howling wind my sorrowed call,
ice slices through where
your presence’s been withdrawn,
my hunger, this need, unsated, remains,
your claim on me, forgone.












6 comments:

  1. I love what you did with the "entered with you into the grounds" line break. It makes me think of a couple having coffee together. But you're describing the dregs of the relationship. Just hold on; even when love grows cold, or stale, there's always time to make a new pot of coffee and reheat things. Don't give up ... or, actually, do. ;) That's the best way to revive a dead relationship, I think. Dirty talk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This takes one away. Kind of you to share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto....but not so much negativity

    ReplyDelete
  4. I let someone make claim on me once. that was close to 40 years ago. I have not cried since.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Things sadly change...but that means that something else can start anew :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am mourning the death of an old relationship today. This too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete