Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Rhythm of the Tides



picture credit: http://www.deviantart.com/art/white-sand-132261167


My restless soul has found
it's final resting place,
where the trail of footsteps end,
at the edge of the warm white sand.
Here the water rolls to meet me,
touch my spirit with their knowledge,
as the whispering waves have led me
to their arms, they’re calling me.
And I walk into their rhythm
where the tides us re-unite,
merging in this written moment
at the very start of time.




10 comments:

  1. ah i know the rhythm of waves....and need to return to their embrace
    to capture it again...that is where it ends and starts...i like the circular feel of this one
    shadow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely rhythmic poetry ~ thanks, ^_^ ~ Happy Week to you

    artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved it, and loved particularly these lines which say such a lot:

    "My restless soul has found
    it's final resting place,"

    No, you don't need my thinking hat! . . . lol

    Eddie :) x


    Clouds and Silvery Linings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing Shadow, you have written of the water, I the fire, now we need find the earth and wind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reminds me of my childhood time when I was sent to a convalescent home in Bournemouth to recover from a bad illness. I could hear the sea from the bedroom and it lulled me to sleep every night I was there. Beautiful words again from you dear Shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, find such peace at the edge of the world with my feet tickled by the tides.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely piece... Enjoyed ....

    peace and love
    1manView

    ReplyDelete
  8. Water and the ocean certainly do represent so many things to the soul....love this Shadow!

    ReplyDelete