Saturday, July 25, 2015

My Footprints in the Sand





picture source: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/375909900123143211/



The beach is deserted, it’s a cold wet midweek morning.
The cliffs dissolve behind a silver cloak of lonely tears.
Seagulls drift on currents in a blue grey sky that’s falling
towards crashing waves that swell with the depths of our despair.

I don’t emit a presence, emptiness displaces conscious thought,
and the waves keep coming closer, with foaming arms, they reach for me,
for I am this landscape, the wild cold wind, the storm,
and I assail this shore with the singular purpose,

to erode my existence of the impermanent impact
of my footprints in the sand.




5 comments:

  1. I don't emit a presence, emptiness displaces conscious thought --- I feel those words and no longer fight that feeling knowing that it will pass and then return again. Nothing stays the same.

    Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Beautiful words!


    I don’t emit a presence, emptiness displaces conscious thought,--- I too picked up on that line.

    For I am this landscape.


    I felt those waves and the wild cold wind.



    Placed you on my blog today, as a poet I admire! (Smiles) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of the Buddhist mandala philosophy. You leave your marks and then they fade but what you made can stick with you as long as your memory is there. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete