Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Feel it, just feel it




picture source: https://za.pinterest.com/pin/375909900138832654/


Feel it, just feel it, the instant unwanted feelings of whatever nature touch you, before resistance grips hold of you and pauses everything, feel it, just feel it.  Feel the power of something stronger than you thunder through you, across your vision, over your skin, feel how it reaches out to direct your words, reactions, thoughts, feel it cornering you, holding you helpless against a cold, bare wall, assaulting everything, blocking the light, hope, faith, dragging you into a vortex of isolation, desolation built from yesterdays and tomorrow… look it in the eyes, allow it roam freely and feel, feel how frustration and rage lashes at your sanity and reason, feel the struggle for air from the dying darkness, let it run its course, it will retreat, exhausted and weak, and then feel the surge of your self return, with each breath regaining control, feel the adrenalin racing through your veins, feel it, it may be terrifying, yet it's quite exhilarating too.




8 comments:

  1. Terrifying indeed. I don't particularly like that feeling, though I've had it. I would, as most of us would I imagine, prefer to be the one pushing the world rather than having it push me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel very much halted at this time, now that 2 of my favourite musician died way to young ... Tom Petty (and the heart breakers) and Gordie Howie (tragically hip) ... circle of life, friend Shadow, hmmm? ... Love, always, cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My personal problem my dear one, is that I have very little feeling left for the past. I once about 30 years ago let my life to then wash over and it nearly drove me mad. All that was good was in an instant removed to a place I could not reach. Fuck I wept that night, long loud soul searing tears--that was the last time.

    A lot has happened since then. I am no longer frustrated in my life but that is due to me being able to define myself on my own terms, live as I choose, consider the facts I decide to look at and disregarding them I see as irrelevant. The only lasting collateral damage to that era of my being is I do not love openly or easily.

    You though, I love, we see through a similar set of eyes my friend. Stay your course. No wave shall ever take you down again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. molto bello leggerti e sarà un piacere seguirti, un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello shadow its dennis the vizsla dog hay hmm feel the power of sumthing stronger then me??? do yoo meen my mama??? yoo must meen my mama rite??? ok bye

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wanting what I can't have or I don't believe exist for me. Expecting things from people who can't give them to me. Being there for people that will never be there for me. Accepting other people's limitation and pushing my own wants down to the bottom. It is better to give than to receive. HA

    ReplyDelete